The unsettling sleep schedule, constant fixation to screens, lethargy from being homebound, and panic from the daily news making your mind and body go completely haywire? Amidst the ongoing pandemic and the seemingly unending quarantine, it is natural to feel stressed, irritable, anxious and moody. Well, we’ve got your back with a tea fix for every quarantine mood.
The Stress Buster
- Chamomile tea: a calming tea known to increase your body’s serotonin and melatonin levels, relieving stress and aches associated with stress and anxiety.
- Chrysanthemum tea: an ancient natural remedy used to calm nerves.
- Lavender tea: wards of stress and tension by relaxing the muscles and nerves.
Haven’t been mindful of your eating habits and lifestyle choices lately? Get over the guilt and take a step towards ‘the healthy life‘ with us! Start your wellness journey with detox and don’t forget to carry these detoxifying teas along.
- Dandelion tea: a natural diuretic known to flush damaging toxins from the body.
- Peppermint tea: a tea that aids digestion and further helps remove toxins from the body.
The Metabolism Booster
Put on some quarantine weight? Give your metabolism the needed boost and shed those extra pounds by sipping on these slimming teas!
- Green tea: rich in catechins and antioxidants, green tea is known to be the most effective tea to accelerate metabolism and induce fat burning.
- Oolong tea: a traditional tea known to improve metabolic rate and fat oxidation.
- Black tea: the flavonoids present in black tea help lower triglyceride levels and visceral fats.
The Immunity Bolster
To have good immunity has become a priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. So don’t stay behind! Hook yourself to these super drinks to bolster your immune system for your good health and safety.
- Green tea: among other antioxidants, this immunity tea is abundant in epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), an antioxidant that improves immune function.
- Chamomile tea: abundant in antioxidants and phenolic compounds, this flower tea bolsters your immunity. It is also known to reduce inflammation and alleviate colds and flu.
The Self-care Savior
While life gets busy between work from home, household chores and other things, don’t forget to focus on yourself and indulge in some me-time. These teas will make for a neat addition to your current self-care regimen. Try them out!
- Jasmine tea: packed with antioxidants and antibacterial properties, jasmine tea promotes skin health. It also acts as a natural anti-ageing ingredient attributed to the presence of polyphenols.
- Hibiscus tea: rich in vitamin C, hibiscus tea promotes collagen production improving skin and hair health.
With all the external noise and chaos in the world today, make sure you nourish your body and spirit from the inside. Brew a cup of health and wellness to make this quarantine more fruitful and wholesome – just like our teas!