Tea is no more just a daily ritual for a breeze of freshness and serenity. Tea is a culture, a lifestyle and a power food that makes for a healthy diet . Known for its strong flavor, tea is increasingly being used in cooking today. From savories to desserts , tea is being fused into different varieties of food. Read till the end to grab the recipe to a scrumptious tea cheesecake!
While green tea, oolong tea and chamomile tea are our constant companions, the exotic and colorful Butterfly Blue Pea is a new favorite. This beautiful blue hued tea, made from blue pea flower, is packed with antioxidants, flavonoids and anti-microbial properties .
Blue pea can be used in making Blue Pea Dumplings, Blue Rice, Blue Pea Cheesecake, and much more! Here’s a recipe for a no-bake, eggless and gelatin-free Blue Pea Cheesecake by Parth Bajaj you can try on your own!
- Chymey Butterfly Blue Pea
- Cream cheese
- Vanilla essence
- Lemon zest
- Add two teaspoons of Butterfly Blue Pea tea and 1 cup of water to a saucepan. Heat for 2 minutes and strain the tea.
- Grind 100g of biscuits, melt 40g of butter and mix the two together to make the crust. Spread the crust on a cake tin and press down on it.
- For the cheesecake mixture, take 200g of cream cheese, ⅓ cup of sugar and fold them together. Add ½ a teaspoon of vanilla essence and ½ teaspoon lemon zest and fold.
- Take ¾ cup of the tea prepared, add 2 teaspoons of agar agar and boil 3 to 4 times. Strain, cool and fold the concoction in the cheesecake mixture. Add the mixture to the cake tin and refrigerate for two hours.
- Take the remaining ¼ cup of the tea, add one teaspoon of agar-agar and boil 3 to 4 times. Strain and cool the concoction. Spread it over the refrigerated cheesecake.
- Refrigerate again for 2 hours and enjoy the greatest and most flavourful cheesecake.
Click here to check out the step by step video to this recipe.
With so much quarantine time to spare, experimenting with recipes must be on your to-do list. So why wait? Go ahead and order the Butterfly Blue Pea tea from our store and try out the recipe for yourself.